[Qt-creator] Creator iOS woes/feedback

Miettinen Riitta-Leena Riitta-Leena.Miettinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Apr 8 11:48:13 CEST 2015

Hello Jason,

Sorry to hear that your experience with Qt Creator documentation was frustrating.

Registering development devices at Apple is not really directly connected with Qt Creator. We added the instructions for one Xcode version (4.6.3) to point developers in the correct direction. But as you said yourself, Apple tends to change things in Xcode and it is not really feasible for us to keep up with them. Therefore, the documentation states the following:

"The process of configuring devices and the UI varies slightly depending on the Xcode version that you use. The instructions in this section describe the process and UI when using Xcode version 4.6.3."
(http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-developing-ios.html)

Also, the connected state of the device should change to green (connected) after you configure the device using Xcode. Maybe you did that in the meantime and that's what changed the connected state? If you really had to deploy a dummy project (which should not work until the device is connected), that sounds like a bug and it would be great if you could report it.

For instructions on using Xcode, please read the Xcode documentation or use the Apple channels for support.

Cheers,

Leena