[Qt-creator] Preparing to contribute Boost.Build Plugin to Qt Creator

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Apr 16 10:58:35 CEST 2015

On 16 April 2015 at 10:49, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 15 April 2015 at 10:47, Oswald Buddenhagen
> <oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> It won't be rejected. Wip branches are exactly for that - submitting
>>> changes that are unacceptable under regular terms, while the final
>>> review will be done in a single squashed commit when the work on this
>>> branch is done.
>>
>> it depends on how the involed parties want to work. it certainly would
>> be possible to polish the "initial import" into a state that is
>> acceptable in itself
>
> I think, that's why I've been considering to collaborate outside
> Gerrit, on GitHub,
> during this initial stage. Once we are happy about the plugin
> sources for the "initial import", then we would push to Gerrit.
> That initial phase would be mostly about adjusting coding style.
> I guess, if we chose to clean up the sources on GitHub first,
> it wouldn't affect the following Gerrit workflow, so it should be fine.

Quick update, that seems no longer relevant question.
On IRC, I've got it answered:

Q: If two developers commit & push hundreds of small updates to coding
style, then number of Patch Sets would become an overwhelming noise,
wouldn't it?
A: So?

Finally, that's enough for me to work in Gerrit from the start.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net