[Qt-creator] Gdb on bare metal

jacques.charreyron at fr.michelin.com jacques.charreyron at fr.michelin.com
Wed Apr 29 15:39:50 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am testing Qt Creator 3.4.0 on Windows 7 to develop bare metal projects
and I see this is officially supported
 (You can not imagine how happy it makes me ... I will forget about
eclipse ... Great job !!! :-)

I have configured a new kit with official arm GCC toolchain and everything
is fine except 2 things :

1) I can not create a qbs project because qbas complains about
qbs.toolchain which is undefined (it is using windows-mingw.qbs
configuration file ???)
2) Gdb does not start : only a red slider and no other outputs.

Has anyone already encountered these problems and found a workaround ?

For point #2 i think my only solution is to recompile qt creator from
source to find the problem ? because there is no output from

It should be noted that it works under linux with qtcreator 3.3
Thanks for your help

Yours,

Jacques Charreyron