[Qt-creator] Gdb on bare metal

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Wed Apr 29 16:12:33 CEST 2015

Hi Jacques
> I am testing Qt Creator 3.4.0 on Windows 7 to develop bare metal projects
> and I see this is officially supported
>  (You can not imagine how happy it makes me ... I will forget about
> eclipse ... Great job !!! :-)
>
> I have configured a new kit with official arm GCC toolchain and everything
> is fine except 2 things :
>
> 1) I can not create a qbs project because qbas complains about
> qbs.toolchain which is undefined (it is using windows-mingw.qbs
> configuration file ???)
I think you should post the qbs file in question, at least i don't have an
idea.

> 2) Gdb does not start : only a red slider and no other outputs.
Huh,  have you opened the the debugger log view? Whats the output there?
Please post the contents of this.

Also what are your device and gdb content server provider settings.

> It should be noted that it works under linux with qtcreator 3.3
I am working with linux but i don't see why windows shouldn't work.

Best regards
Tim