[Qt-creator] Tab UI in Projects mode to TreeView

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at theqtcompany.com
Mon Aug 3 16:48:13 CEST 2015

On 08/03/2015 02:46 PM, Ziller Eike wrote:
 > Qt Creator-style would possibly be to replace the top level tab bar
(the project selection) with a combo box?

This would add one extra click to switch the current/active project and
to inspect how many and/or which projects are open. I can live with that.

The remaining tab bar (Build & Run, Editor, ...) could still be too
wide. So what do we do with that one?

1) ...transform it into a list view. However, I already have 7 entries
there and this will be problematic for displays/resolutions with limited
vertical space.

2) ...move the items to the corresponding projects in the combobox (as
sub items). Disadvantages:
  a) To switch to another project, you would need to visually skip
several sub items (Build & Run, Editor, ...) of the current project.
  b) If you switch to a concrete item of another project, e.g.
("Editor"), you would implicitly switch the project, too. This might be
not that obvious.

Nikolai