[Qt-creator] Suggestion: a nicer default font for Qt Creator?

Stanislav Baiduzhyi baiduzhyi.devel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:14:50 CEST 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Henry Skoglund <fromqt at tungware.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while there is nothing wrong with the default font you'll see when you
> install Qt Creator (Monaco/Courier/Monospace) I think most people (or
> maybe just me?) changes the font to PT Mono or DejaVu Sans Mono etc.,
> before starting some serious work.
>
> Last week I read on Hacker News about Mozilla's new font called Fira
> https://github.com/mozilla/Fira
>
> I downloaded and tested and Fira really shines in Qt Creator. I've been
> using PT Mono for many years, but I think this Fira font has an even
> better visual quality.
>
> I've looked at their license, it's SIL Open Font License which seems
> permissive enough, you think it's a good idea to try and bundle it with
> Qt Creator?

Thanx for recommending PT Mono, looks nice, will definitely try it!

On the topic, as a user of QtCreator I would like it to use my
configured system defaults by default. If I've downloaded Monaco and
set it as default monospaced font system-wide through fontconfig that
would be inappropriate for QtCreator to doubt it.