[Qt-creator] Suggestion: a nicer default font for Qt Creator?

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Wed Aug 5 04:18:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

while there is nothing wrong with the default font you'll see when you
install Qt Creator (Monaco/Courier/Monospace) I think most people (or
maybe just me?) changes the font to PT Mono or DejaVu Sans Mono etc.,
before starting some serious work.

Last week I read on Hacker News about Mozilla's new font called Fira
https://github.com/mozilla/Fira

I downloaded and tested and Fira really shines in Qt Creator. I've been
using PT Mono for many years, but I think this Fira font has an even
better visual quality.

I've looked at their license, it's SIL Open Font License which seems
permissive enough, you think it's a good idea to try and bundle it with
Qt Creator?

Rgrds Henry Skoglund