[Qt-creator] Where to find more information from Clang indexing errors

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:09:30 CEST 2015

Ah HAH! While looking at the logs for libClang I noticed that the very first include path was for a clang include directory that is part of the QtCreator package. On a hunch I dug into the QtCreator.app package, found the include directory and renamed it "include.bak". Fired up QtCreator and opened my source files that usual give the Clang Code model issues and EVERY instance that could not be completed or was colored incorrectly before was NOW correct and functioning perfectly.

Again, my system essentially has Clang 3.4 but QtCreator includes 3.6 and its own include files. I think these headers conflict with what is on the system in such a way to really cause issues with the Clang code model.

This is on OS X 10.8.5, 10.9. and 10.10.4. Each of those systems have the maximum version of Xcode supported for that version of OS X.

Hope this helps.

Mike Jackson