[Qt-creator] Creator gets confused on filenames

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Aug 6 16:56:39 CEST 2015

So this is a rather embarrassing bug.
I have a project using qrc for QMLs. I have a normal main.cpp and main.qml.
I wanted to add a Main.qml. I realize this is a bit unconventional, but the main.qml is loaded by the main.cpp. The Main.qml is loaded by a loader element. All of this complies with what I think is correct and do-able and valid.

Now, when I created my Main.qml from inside creator... it replaced my main.qml with Main.qml. It actually filled the main.qml with the default Main.qml content.

I don't understand why this is correct behavior. I would have thought that they would have been treated as separate files? OS is OSX.