[Qt-creator] Creator very laggy

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:00:22 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com>
wrote:

> > On Aug 14, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I have a coworker who was on Win8, and creator was very laggy when
> degugging. A patch was issued which fixed that problem.
> >
> > Then said coworker moved to OSX (Current mid-level Mac Mini, Core-i5)
> And again Creator is laggy and crashy. By all the time, not just debugging.
> I also have the same model Mini, and I don't experience any issues.
>
> Which Qt Creator version are we talking about here?
>
> > However the issues she is having (that I've witnessed first hand) are:
> > - Keyboard lag. She can type code and it begins to stream out seconds
> later, and it doesn't appear at the speed of a paste, just a really fast
> typist.
>
> Does the “CPU” tab in Activity Monitor.app reveal any application eating
> CPU time?
>
> > - Crashing. 50% random 50% from interrupting a build.
>
> The actual crash reports might shed some light on the issue. Could you
> please share them with us? Old crash reports can be found in
> ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (or under “User Diagnostic Reports” in
> Console.app).
>
> > I just told her to download the RC1, I will report back later today.
>

> > But does anyone know of these issues on OSX, and should these be fixed
> in the RC?
>
> I’m not aware of lags or so many crashes.
>
> > PS. I love the new scroll bars.
>

> Br, Eike
>
> --
> Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH
>
> The Qt Company GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
> Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht
> Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

There is a known crash in the code model, which was fixed between the beta
and the RC. It was related to heavy template usage (i.e. boost ;-)). See
QTCREATORBUG-14748 <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14748>.

Currently there is another known crash with boost: QTCREATORBUG-14889
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14889>

- Orgad