[Qt-creator] Creator very laggy

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Mon Aug 17 09:01:36 CEST 2015

> On Aug 14, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> So I have a coworker who was on Win8, and creator was very laggy when degugging. A patch was issued which fixed that problem.
>
> Then said coworker moved to OSX (Current mid-level Mac Mini, Core-i5) And again Creator is laggy and crashy. By all the time, not just debugging. I also have the same model Mini, and I don't experience any issues.

Which Qt Creator version are we talking about here?

> However the issues she is having (that I've witnessed first hand) are:
> - Keyboard lag. She can type code and it begins to stream out seconds later, and it doesn't appear at the speed of a paste, just a really fast typist.

Does the “CPU” tab in Activity Monitor.app reveal any application eating CPU time?

> - Crashing. 50% random 50% from interrupting a build.

The actual crash reports might shed some light on the issue. Could you please share them with us? Old crash reports can be found in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (or under “User Diagnostic Reports” in Console.app).

> I just told her to download the RC1, I will report back later today.

> But does anyone know of these issues on OSX, and should these be fixed in the RC?

I’m not aware of lags or so many crashes.

> PS. I love the new scroll bars.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH