[Qt-creator] Form Templates are compiled into Qt Creator ?

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Mon Aug 24 13:26:05 CEST 2015

Hi Jonas,

I have been reworking quite a few of our wizards since Qt Creator 3.4, so I guess I killed the wizard that actually used those templates but forgot to remove the templates themselves. I'll fix that.

The Qt Designer Form Class is still a old-style wizard that has basically everything hard-coded in formclasswizard.cpp and related classes.

That wizard should also use new json wizard syntax eventually, but there are a few things in it that are unique and not yet possible in the json wizards, but I am not sure it is worth the trouble of enableing the form handling code that is used in that code in the json wizard. Why generalize something that is used exactly once?

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company