[Qt-creator] 'Open Terminal Here' and login shell on Linux

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Tue Dec 8 12:12:19 CET 2015

On Di, 2015-12-08 at 10:39 +0100, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When right-clicking on a file in the project's tree there is an option
> to 'Open Terminal Here'.
>
> If I understand correctly, the way the terminal is opened is the following:
> 1. Change to the directory where the file resides.

Yeap.

> 2. Execute "Tools -> Options -> Environment -> General -> Terminal" with
> the shell executable path appended. In my case it's /bin/bash but I
> guess Qt Creator actually takes /bin/sh or reads it from /etc/passwd or
> something like that.

The shell is actually taken from the SHELL environment variable.

> My problem is that the shell isn't started as login shell and so the
> .profile is not read and I would really like it to do so :)
>
> Can I change it somehow?

Only by changing the code:-) Or by playing clever tricks with the terminal
arguments, but I doubt that will work as expected.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: