[Qt-creator] The most most thing about creator

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Mon Feb 16 04:30:19 CET 2015

On 16/02/15 09:42, Ariel Molina wrote:
> I agree with Jason, ever since the introduction of smart quotes i find
> myself more correcting that mess than cheering about the magic, they are
> minimally helpful and very annoying.

I agree it's a bit frustrating at first, but once you understand it,
then it's helpful. This is how i'm using it:
- I don't type any quote, just some text, then i select the text that I
want to quote (with maj/ctrl/arrows) and hit " only once.
- I start by hitting " once and then enter the text I want to be quoted.

The only problem i have left is when i would like to replace some
existing text with something quoted, i keep doing (by habit): select the
text, and hit " instead of typing the replacement text first. So I end
up with quoting the text i wanted to replace.

Emacs rulez! ;)
Chris