[Qt-creator] Debugger hangs when stepping into range loop

Wojciech Razik wojciech.razik at nokia.com
Tue Jun 2 09:29:36 CEST 2015

Hi all,
I have problem with hanging gdb debugger inside QtCreator. When I'm in
"Debug" mode, set a breakpoint and press F10 for step forward, gdb stops
responding and I need to kill it manually. Do anyone have idea what is
the problem?

Of course stand-alone gdb version works perfectly with the same binary file.

Maybe is it something wrong with Debugger settings?

Example (any loop):

--->O for (auto& someClass: dupa)
{

}

After pressing F10 gdb stops responding, after a while a have error:
(In Polish, just information about GDB not responding)

After clicking "Stop debugging", QtCreator also stops responding.

Bug is permanent.

*Qt Creator Version:*
Qt Creator 3.2.2
BazujÄ…cy na Qt 4.8.6 (GCC 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7), 64 bitowy)
Built on May 1 2015 at 14:59:33
*
**Gdb Version:*
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.9