[Qt-creator] Which plugins are you working on?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 06:54:48 CEST 2015

Hello Typz,

Am 05.06.2015 23:13 schrieb "Typz" <thetypz at gmail.com>:
> I am somewhat working on a unit test plugin, supporting only the crpcut
test framework at the moment, though the idea is to be more generic.
> It is now in a working state, and I regularly update it to keep
compatibility with more recent QtC builds. But it really needs some cleanup
and refactoring before I can possibly try to submit…

Cool, the more testing frameworks are  supported by the tooling, the more
people will actually auto-test -- I hope:-)

Yes, sometimes I am an optimist:)

> On that subject, there seems to be quite a few such plugins already:
>   * The enterprise-only qttest plugin.
>   * The old GPL qttest plugin:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/qt-creator-qttest, which seems to be
abandoned? Looks similar to the new qttest plugin, but largely outdated. Is
there any relation?
>   * A google test plugin : https://github.com/OneMoreGres/qtc-gtest
>   * and my own plugin
>
> Is there any chance the ‘base’ unit test plugin/framework would be
open-sourced? This would help solving the various integration issues (e.g.
the project automatically creates run configurations, but the unit test
plugin(s) know which arguments need to be given in which situation…)

Yes, we definitely should have basic support for testing frameworks! I
fully agree with that.

Having a second test plugin would help with pushing this forward: Designing
a generic API based on one implementation rarely works in my experience.

Best Regards from the Qt Contributor Summit in Oslo,
Tobias