[Qt-creator] NimPlugin: Project is not configured

Benjamin Zeller benjamin.zeller at canonical.com
Wed May 27 00:33:49 CEST 2015

Am 27.05.2015 um 00:26 schrieb Benjamin Zeller:
> Am 26.05.2015 um 23:31 schrieb Filippo Cucchetto:
>> Hi all,
>> i'm sorry if i'm *spamming* with questions :)
>> Right now i'm trying to add build configuration to my plugin.
>> I taken a look at both QMake and CMake plugins and done the following
>> steps:
>> 1) Created a NimBuildInfo : ProjectExplorer::BuildInfo
>> <https://github.com/filcuc/NimQtCreatorPlugin/blob/BuildConfiguration/project/nimbuildinfo.h>
>> 2) Created a NimBuildConfigurationFactory :
>> ProjectExplorer::IBuildConfigurationFactory
>> <https://github.com/filcuc/NimQtCreatorPlugin/blob/BuildConfiguration/project/nimbuildconfigurationfactory.h>
>> 3) Created a NimBuildConfiguration : public
>> ProjectExplorer::BuildConfiguration
>> <https://github.com/filcuc/NimQtCreatorPlugin/blob/BuildConfiguration/project/nimbuildconfiguration.h>
>>
>> After this i can choose a Kit and the build configurations appears in
>> the Projects section.
>> However the build/run buttons are disabled and by hovering them a
>> tooltip tells me
>> "the project is not configured".
>>
>> The image i attached in this mail shows you my QtCreator in the
>> project page.
>> What am i missing?
>
> Hi Filippo,
>
> the buildconfigurations are a good start, but now you need
> runconfigurations as well :D.
> If you click on "Run" in the project mode, you should see that there
> is no configured runconfig.
>
> The process is almost the same as for the buildconfigurations, you
> need a RCFactory and a RC for your
> projects.
>
> Benjamin

Actually right after clicking the send button I realized that your build
is disabled as well.
When hittig a problem like that, i usually search the QtC sources for
the error string. It
gives a good idea on what is going wrong.

In your case you are returning true from
boolNimProject::needsConfiguration() const
https://github.com/filcuc/NimQtCreatorPlugin/blob/BuildConfiguration/project/nimproject.cpp#L61
indicating that the project still needs configuration and can not be built.

You should check how other project manager handle this property.

Cheers,

Benjamin