[Qt-creator] Bug reporting question for an issue that affects QtCreator but appears to be a generic Qt problem

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Tue Nov 10 14:45:55 CET 2015

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Murphy, Sean <smurphy at walbro.com> wrote:
>
> Yesterday I created a bug report on an issue that was making QtCreator difficult to use on the Mac (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15320). After a little more digging I figured out that it was really reproducible in any Qt application. As of today the bug has been closed as invalid. Is that the normal procedure – to close bugs that were reported under QtCreator when it’s really a Qt bug?

The procedure depends on whether there is a feasible workaround on the Qt Creator side.
If there is a feasible workaround we often do a workaround, “fixing” it on the Qt Creator side, if it is a very annoying issue.
If that is not the case, the usual procedure is to either move the bug to a QTBUG, or to close the bug as “duplicate” of an already existing QTBUG.

Since we just integrate Qt Designer into Qt Creator, this looks very much like a Qt bug that we cannot work around from within Qt Creator.

Br, Eike