[Qt-creator] clang code model, markers and messages

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Fri Oct 30 16:34:22 CET 2015

Hello

First and foremost, a big hearty thanks for the great work that you did with
this. I tried it once and again, but recently I found myself leaving it always
on.

Now: is the following happening only to me?

This is on Linux, with the yesterday-current master git branch.

I activated the clang code model for C++ source files. I start seen red error
("stop" hexagons (why not octagons?)) on the left border of the editor at
lines that contain C++ errors.

Sometimes, I can get to the message associated to this marker by luckily
floating the mouse over a part of the marked code line that happens to pop the
clang error message rather than some type descriptor.

Other times, I find myself "peaking" at the code line with the mouse in the
hope that the error message will appear, to no avail.

I wonder why the error message is not displayed when hovering over or clicking
on the stop hexagons.

Or did i miss something?

Thanks a lot!

--