[Qt-creator] A language-unifying code modelling engine

Leandro T. C. Melo ltcmelo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:44:39 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

it's been a while since my last post here... I've been developing, as
a hobby project, a source code modelling engine. The cool thing about
it:

- It's being designed on a language-unifying way, based on common
language principles but still allowing each language to define
specific behavior.

- It's not tight to any particular IDE or text editor, it's a
self-contained library with its own pipeline of parsing, binding, type
checking, code completion and so on.

As it couldn't be otherwise, I'm using Qt Creator as a "validation
platform". The plugin right now is very basic, it essentially
demonstrates the modelling engine API. Nevertheless, if you watch the
videos below you can see the editor is working decently for simple Go
and D source files (those are the languages I started with, the next
one should be Rust). The implementation in Qt Creator is a few hundred
LOC.

The project is still in conception and I'd interested on any kind of
feedback. If you'd like to try it out, just be aware of bugs and
missing functionality. Of course, any contribution to the Qt Creator
plugin or to the main project itself are welcome.

https://github.com/ltcmelo/uaiso (in the README you'll find
information on the Qt Creator plugin)

Regards,
Leandro Melo