[Qt-creator] Better autodetection on non-bundled creators?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Wed Sep 23 09:29:10 CEST 2015

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 9:59 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Whenever I get a new QtCreator, it never has the kits configured, but the Qt installer with bundled Creator does.
>
> Is there a way the autodetection could be better? Or the configuration exported? It's rather a drag having to go through and configure all the kits.

It would certainly be possible to add some kind of import button for the kits. At the moment the simplest way is to symlink share/qtcreator/QtProject/
(or Qt Creator.app/Contents/Resources/QtProject/ on OS X) to the same path within your standalone Qt Creator
installation.

Example (Windows):
C:\Qt\qtcreator\share\qtcreator>mklink /d QtProject c:\qt\Tools\QtCreator\share\qtcreator\QtProject

Br, Eike
--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH