[Qt-creator] Creator UI, MDI vs SDI, tabs, etc.

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:03:52 CEST 2015

Ziller Eike wrote:

> Adding a “Move to New Window” action to the window/split menu, and opening
> documents in a new window and not in the main window, should be easy to
> implement.

For someone familiar with the code, I presume :) I'd be willing to give it a
shot myself, but would probably need a few pointers where to start and what
errors to avoid...

> The process error in the app output is most probably not the reason for Qt
> Creator quitting, but a symptom of it.

Evidently. Still, it appears to be the only way to detect something has gone
awry. Or is there a dtor or Q(Core)Application method one could break on to
catch the onset of exiting?

R.