[Qt-creator] Creator UI, MDI vs SDI, tabs, etc.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:13:31 CEST 2015

On Wednesday September 23 2015 14:51:05 Ziller Eike wrote:

Hello again,

> Yes, it behaves like splitting, just opening a new window.

Something else I noticed: on Mac OS X, these newly split-off windows "own" the toplevel menubar (the active document menu item is updated when switching windows). They may also "own" the menubar of the window they were split off from on Linux (when they're active), but you cannot access those menus of course (not without activating the window that carries the menu). And at least in my build they don't get their own menu, which strikes me as odd. Did something go wrong during my build (Creator 3.5.0 "release")?

R.