[Qt-creator] Why QtC does not use QDockWidget for most tool-panel

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:11:18 CEST 2016

On 7 April 2016 at 01:31, Ariel Molina <ariel at edis.mx> wrote:
> I use multimonitor, and the single thing i miss most is to have code&design
> at the same time in QtQuick, or a smarter document editor so to avoid having
> the same file open in several windows, which misses the point of having
> multiple code windows.
>
> Ariel

You see, this depends on preferences. I actually like having the same
file open in several splits/windows - because when I work on some big
file I often need to modify two regions of the file more or less at
the same time, and that setup allows me to do that.

What could be done to satisfy both your and my needs here would be to
introduce an option in settings, something like a chackbox saying
"Allow the same file to be shown in more than one editor"