[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.1 "Installer"?

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Fri Aug 5 17:38:46 CEST 2016

Mike Jackson skrev den 2016-08-05 16:01:

> So... are we going to get the .dmg back for Mac OS X? running the
> installer every morning is a pain and needlessly takes time away from
> other things that I should be doing. Also, why is the default install
> put into /Users/$USER/Applications? shouldn't we be putting that into
> /Applications like EVERY other Mac OS application including Xcode?
>
> Thoughts.
>
> Mike Jackson
> BlueQuartz Software.

Re. default install to /Users/$User/Applications and not /Applications:

Actually I think Qt is doing the right thing here, when I look in my
/Users/Henry/Applications folder I see Google Drive.app, Gmail.app,
CitrixOnline, Hex Fiend.app etc.
There always has been 2 Applications folders in MacOS, for more see here:
https://www.engadget.com/2010/12/03/mac-101-the-two-applications-folders/

Rgrds Henry