[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.1 "Installer"?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:58:40 CEST 2016

Henry Skoglund wrote:
> Mike Jackson skrev den 2016-08-05 16:01:
>>

>> So... are we going to get the .dmg back for Mac OS X? running the
>> installer every morning is a pain and needlessly takes time away from
>> other things that I should be doing. Also, why is the default install
>> put into /Users/$USER/Applications? shouldn't we be putting that into
>> /Applications like EVERY other Mac OS application including Xcode?
>>
>> Thoughts.
>>
>> Mike Jackson
>> BlueQuartz Software.
>  >

> Re. default install to /Users/$User/Applications and not /Applications:
>
> Actually I think Qt is doing the right thing here, when I look in my
> /Users/Henry/Applications folder I see Google Drive.app, Gmail.app,
> CitrixOnline, Hex Fiend.app etc.
> There always has been 2 Applications folders in MacOS, for more see here:
> https://www.engadget.com/2010/12/03/mac-101-the-two-applications-folders/
>
> Rgrds Henry

Well there will always be 2 opinions on that front. We will agree to
disagree. The bigger issue is that can we just get rid of the installer?
I can drag and drop to where I want. And if you did the .dmg correctly
you could put a link to BOTH /Applications and ~/Applications. Then the
'install' takes but a few seconds to complete.

Thanks
Mike jackson.