[Qt-creator] Best way to integrate the Nim compiler settings
filippocucchetto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:49:27 CET 2016
i would like to integrate the Nim compiler inside the QtCreator Kit. This
should fix how the compiler is found (right now we assume that Nim is in
the $PATH variable).
I quickly skimmed through the code base and basically i see two
possibilities each one with its pros and cons.
1) Modify the ProjectExplorer::Toolchain for adding Nim to the Languages
2) Add a new OptionPage inside the "Build&Run" menu like the CMake plugin
3) Add a new OptionPage inside the "Nim" menu (where right now the user can
configure the coding style).
My need is:
1) Give the user the possibility to set the Nim compiler path
2) As a bonus i would like to integrate the Nim defacto build tool
"Nimble". Maybe this could be configured in the same page.
3) In the future add the possibility to set the "NimSuggest" tool path
What do you suggest?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Qt-creator