[Qt-creator] 'Custom' projects and Kits

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 20 16:49:05 CET 2016

Hi,

Tobias, sorry for the PM, that wasn't intentional.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 12:34 +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> well, I ended up looking at the sources since I it seems nobody knows
>> a way and indeed it seems there's not really any way to do this right
>> now. While its possible to expand environment variables this is using
>> the environment of the QtCreator process instead of adding things
>> found in the Kit.
>
> This should be taking the build environment, not the one Qt Creator runs in. But
> you are right, the GenericProject seems to take the systemenvironment, which is
> indeed wrong.
>
> It should also use the MacroExpander in addition to/instead of the environment
> IMHO. Would you care to write a patch to that end or open a bug report for me
> about these two issues?

I was initially not sure wether I could figure out the macro-expander
thing, but it turned out its dead easy :)

So I've opened up two separate reviews:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180499/
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180500/

I'm also wondering wether it would be feasible to let the QtSupport
plugin provide some more macros such that one does not need to
manually care about the different include directories on different
platforms. Some macro like <QtModule>_INCLUDE_DIR or so for each Qt
module. Right now I do not share the .includes file across machines,
but having such a macro would make that possible.

Andreas