[Qt-creator] 'Custom' projects and Kits

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Dec 20 17:00:03 CET 2016

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 16:49 +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I was initially not sure wether I could figure out the macro-expander
> thing, but it turned out its dead easy :)
>
> So I've opened up two separate reviews:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180499/
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180500/

Thanks for taking the time to fix these issues! The patches look fine, so please
go ahead and hit the "submit" button:-) We leave that to the author of a patch:
Sometimes dependencies are complex and the author usually knows best in which
order patches need to get merged.

> I'm also wondering wether it would be feasible to let the QtSupport
> plugin provide some more macros such that one does not need to
> manually care about the different include directories on different
> platforms. Some macro like <QtModule>_INCLUDE_DIR or so for each Qt
> module. Right now I do not share the .includes file across machines,
> but having such a macro would make that possible.

Sure it is:-)

I am not sure the <QtModule>_INCLUDE_DIR is readily available in Creator though.
But anything in Tools>Options>Build & Run>Qt Versions>Whatever version>Details
should be easy to add.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B