[Qt-creator] CMake project trouble [was: (no subject)]

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Wed Dec 21 09:56:03 CET 2016

Hi Pris,

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 22:50 -0500, Preet wrote:
> After upgrading to QtCreator 4.2.0 from 4, I'm having issues using
> QtCreator for my CMake projects. It doesn't seem consistent, but
> whenever I modify my CMakeList files, the Kit sometimes stops working
> and will show a Warning with the message

I would guess that is just a symptom, not the cause.

> "CMake tool is unconfigured, CMake generator will be ignored"

This warning happens when there is no cmake registered with the kit. What is
shown after "CMake Tool:"?

> CMake will refuse to run in this situation.

That is no surprise after the warning you describe: Without a cmake binary
creator does not know what to run in that situation.

> My CMake configuration is the default.

That probably does not matter.

> My kit is the default as well, I haven't made any changes to anything.
> To get things working again temporarily I need to remove the kit and
> restart QtCreator. It happens often enough that CMake projects are
> basically unusable.

Interesting effect that I have not seen described before!

Based on the data available I would guess that creator sometimes fails to find
your configured cmake binary.

What is the full path to the binary shown in Tools>Options>Build & Run>CMake?

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B