[Qt-creator] (no subject)

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 04:50:49 CET 2016

Hi,

After upgrading to QtCreator 4.2.0 from 4, I'm having issues using
QtCreator for my CMake projects. It doesn't seem consistent, but
whenever I modify my CMakeList files, the Kit sometimes stops working
and will show a Warning with the message

"CMake tool is unconfigured, CMake generator will be ignored"

CMake will refuse to run in this situation. My CMake configuration is
the default.

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=%{Compiler:Executable:Cxx}
CMAKE_C_COMPILER:STRING=%{Compiler:Executable:C}
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=%{Qt:QT_INSTALL_PREFIX}
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:STRING=%{Qt:qmakeExecutable}

My kit is the default as well, I haven't made any changes to anything.
To get things working again temporarily I need to remove the kit and
restart QtCreator. It happens often enough that CMake projects are
basically unusable.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Pris