[Qt-creator] Linux 32 bit binaries

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Thu Feb 11 09:00:48 CET 2016

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 8:22 AM, Alejandro Exojo <suy at badopi.org> wrote:
>
> Hello.

Hi.

> It was announced that there will be no longer (Creator) binaries produced for
> Linux 32 bit. I have a project that requires a 32 bit developer environment,
> so, sadly I'll be stuck with the old version (unless I compile myself, which
> tends to be annoying).

Btw,

make
INSTALL_ROOT=/tmp/qtcreator_tmpinstall make -j1 deployqt bindist_installer

creates a distributable 7zip, if you have co-workers with the same need. S.a. https://wiki.qt.io/Building-Qt-Creator-Packages

> Do you know the reason why that happened?

There will be no Linux 32bit binary packages for Qt anymore to build Qt Creator binary packages with.

> Is CI resources, or disk space,
> or...?

Afaik CI and testing resources.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Principle Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH