[Qt-creator] QtCreator does not read settings (profiles) created by sdktool on Linux 64Bit

Liebe Markus (RtP2/TEF72) Markus.Liebe at de.bosch.com
Thu Feb 25 13:18:11 CET 2016

Hello there,

I have the following working workflow on a 32Bit OpenSuSE system:

  *   use the "sdktool" that comes with QtCreator (/usr/bin/sdktool) to create Toolchains etc. and combine them to Kits.
  *   QtCreator stores the settings in /usr/share/qtcreator/QtProject/*.xml
  *   When I now start QtCreator it uses those settings as per user templates and merges the settings into ~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/*.xml
  *   Then the kits are available for using in QtCreator

using OpenSuSE 42.1 64Bit I do the following:

  *   use the "sdktool" that comes with QtCreator (/usr/lib64/qtcreator/libexec/sdktool) to create Toolchains etc. and combine them to Kits.
  *   QtCreator stores the settings in /usr/lib64/share/qtcreator/QtProject/*.xml
  *   When I now start QtCreator it uses not the settings stored in /usr/lib64/share/qtcreator/QtProject/*.xml but reads the settings from /usr/share/qtcreator/QtProject/*.xml

Is there a way to either make sdktool write to the directory that QtCreator reads, or let QtCreator read from the directory that sdktool uses on the 64Bit OS?

Best regards,

Markus