[Qt-creator] License update! Please check license template!

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jan 15 15:46:55 CET 2016

Hello everybody,

TL;DR: Please update your license template before adding files to master branch!

I just finished a patch set that updates the license information in Qt Creator
according to the announcement made this week:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/01/13/new-agreement-with-the-kde-free-qt-foundation/

In essence Qt Creator will be GPL (with exception) from here on out. This
effects the master branch of the Qt Creator repository. The stable branches are
not going to get updated to the new licensing scheme.

Please take a bit of time and check whether the patches change the copyright in
unintended ways, especially if you have contributed code to Qt Creator. I think
I managed to keep all information in the headers intact, but please help to make
sure. Checking and double-checking all this information is tedious work and I
might have done some unintended changes.

Please also check your license template: Please use the one we ship with Qt
Creator in dist/copyright_template.txt (after adapting the copyright information
of course)! This file is already updated in git (master branch).

The first patch of the set is here:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/146218/

Please help reviewing the patches!

The commercial plugins that are effected by the agreement are currently getting
a similar license update and will get merged into the master branch once that is
complete.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: