[Qt-creator] QtC, Qbs and remote debug WinCE6/ARM device

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Tue Jul 5 01:08:19 CEST 2016

Hi there,

For a project I'm currently working on, I need to use VS 9.0 with a
customised WinCE/ARMv5 SDk/toolchain.
As VS9 (2008) sucks a lot, I decided to use Qtc instead.
I manage to setup QtC for building my project (Using Qbs as build
system) and I'm able to build my application, all good so far. I can
then manually transfer the application and it runs correctly on the
target.
My next step would be to be able to deploy and debug it from Qtc using
the usual F5 shortcut.

That's where I'm stuck.

A quick network analysis with wireshark told me that when
deploying/debugging with VS2008:
- The target device broadcast UDP message to port 687 (with some plain
text data containing the WinCE SDK name/ID)
- VS connect to target TCP port 5655 to deploy executables and other
auxialiary files (
- VS connect to target TCP port 6510 for the debug session (again I
saw plain text data  like "Start debug session", ...)

Apparently there's an active sync something running on the device and
a sort of FTP server too ....

Anyway, does anyone have sucessfully done remote debugging on WinCE
based device from within Qtc?

Any thought, experience sharing, ideas, or point out of any sort appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris