[Qt-creator] QtCreator Extensions Documentation

Marcel Gotsch gotschmarcel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:42:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

I’m currently developing a "Go" language extension for the QtCreator, including syntax highlighting, projects, auto complete, integration of the build tools and more.

I’m really a big fan of the QtCreator in preference over any of the Java-based IDEs, but I find it rather difficult to develop a good plugin, since there seems to be no documentation at all. Currently the only way is to look at the source code of other plugins, which isn’t that great. It really slows down the development process.

That’s really unusual, considering that the Qt documentation is so awesome.

Is there any way to get a better documentation about the classes and methods? Is this going to change in the future?

Best

Marcel Gotsch