[Qt-creator] run button disabled bug on FreeBSD

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Jun 18 10:57:07 CEST 2016

Hi,

in https://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/06/08/qt-creator-4-0-1-released/

one of the last comments was that the run button is disabled
on 4.0.1 (I did the FreeBSD port so the user apparently installed it from
the FreeBSD packages). I can confirm this happening on FreeBSD 10.3 from
qtcreator 4.0 onward, 3.6.1 and before didn't have that problem.

Now I did a quick test on a vm with FreeBSD 9.3 that still used gcc as its
system compiler and there the runbutton works as intended (using qt 5.5.1 and
qtcreator 4.0.1 from packages), so it must have something to do with the
freebsd/clang combination. The problem is also verified on 11-current systems.

OpenBSD doesn't have this problem either (just to veryfy it's a clang/freebsd
issue, OpenBSD uses gcc).

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden