[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.0.2. does not use my Ubuntu theme.

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 11:19:24 CEST 2016

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2016, 09:50:12 schrieben Sie:
> I found the gtk2 style plugin source on code.qt.io. But I didn't found
> any style for gtk3. What do you mean with "replaced with gtk3 in 5.7"?
>
> I also see that the download of style plugins haven't been updated for
> a long time. Isn't that part of the official Qt community version? I am
> quite sure that it was in the past.
>
> I also found a discussion of Arch users from yesterday. They solved
> this problem by using the gtk2 plugin but some got crashes due to
> configuration problems (seems to be related to gconf but some said it
> is a problem that qtbase5 is compiled against gtk3).

I'm packaging/porting Qt on FreeBSD (and helping on NetBSD/OpenBSD) so I
noticed when updating our ports to 5.7 that the GTK2 plugin got replaced with
a GTK3 plugin.

The sources of gtk2 have been moved (in as copied) there last year:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtstyleplugins.git;a=commit;h=102da7d50231fc5723dba6e72340bef3d29471aa

so what basically is needed is an update of the tarball for the qtstyleplugins
for Qt 5.7.

Maybe one of the QtC people can arrange that so that you can compile the
styles with your 5.7 binaries yourself and install them into your plugins and
try again ?

> Regards, Jochen
>
> Am Sonntag, den 26.06.2016, 07:23 +0200 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2016, 23:30:52 schrieb Jochen Becher:
> > > I always use Qt and QtCreator from the Online installer. I am using
> > > Gnome3 desaktop, I do not even have installed Qt in my system.
> > >
> > > Qt 5.6 does have libgtk2.0 (in plugins/platformthemes) but Qt 5.7
> > > does
> > > not.
> >
> > Yes, the gtk2 theme has been moved and replaced with gtk3 in 5.7.
> >
> > The gtk2 sources have been moved to the qstyleplugins repository but
> > that is
> > not updated yet in
> > http://download.qt.io/community_releases/additional_qt_src_pkgs/
> >
> > Please file a bugreport so the issue is known.
> >
> > > Regards, Jochen

Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden