[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.0.2. does not use my Ubuntu theme.

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 15:17:52 CEST 2016

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2016, 12:57:42 schrieb Jochen Becher:
> I understand that libqgtk2.so is not part of the distribution. But why
> is the gtk3 style in qtbase missing? Is this an issue or an explicit
> devision of the Qt maintainers? And what about QtCreator for linux? It
> looks like the Qt Version is explicitly build for QtCreator (at least
> the deployment is much smaller than a full Qt 5.7). Was that an
> explicit decision to leave gtk3 support out or is it an issue?

Can't answer that as I have no stocks in qt binary packages provided by Qt :)

Anyway, up until Qt 5.6 the switch was -gtkstyle, with 5.7 the configure option
was changed to -gtk. It will be on by default if the packages it depends on
are installed. I guess noone checked that the plugin got built and packaged.

> It looks like I have to build my own Qt...
Try ./configure -v to see the results of the compile tests and check which
packages you're missing (mostly -dev packages for Ubuntu/Debian)

> Regards, Jochen
>
> Am Sonntag, den 26.06.2016, 11:19 +0200 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2016, 09:50:12 schrieben Sie:
> > > I found the gtk2 style plugin source on code.qt.io. But I didn't
> > > found
> > > any style for gtk3. What do you mean with "replaced with gtk3 in
> > > 5.7"?
> > >
> > > I also see that the download of style plugins haven't been updated
> > > for
> > > a long time. Isn't that part of the official Qt community version?
> > > I am
> > > quite sure that it was in the past.
> > >
> > > I also found a discussion of Arch users from yesterday. They solved
> > > this problem by using the gtk2 plugin but some got crashes due to
> > > configuration problems (seems to be related to gconf but some said
> > > it
> > > is a problem that qtbase5 is compiled against gtk3).
> >
> > I'm packaging/porting Qt on FreeBSD (and helping on NetBSD/OpenBSD)
> > so I
> > noticed when updating our ports to 5.7 that the GTK2 plugin got
> > replaced with
> > a GTK3 plugin.
> >
> > The sources of gtk2 have been moved (in as copied) there last year:
> >
> > https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtstyleplugins.git;a=co
> > mmit;h=102da7d50231fc5723dba6e72340bef3d29471aa
> >
> > so what basically is needed is an update of the tarball for the
> > qtstyleplugins
> > for Qt 5.7.
> >
> > Maybe one of the QtC people can arrange that so that you can compile
> > the
> > styles with your 5.7 binaries yourself and install them into your
> > plugins and
> > try again ?
> >
> > > Regards, Jochen

Kind regards,