[Qt-creator] Some useful fixes and extensions

Vlad Seryakov vseryakov at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:11:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

A while ago i went through the Code Review process for QML/JS AST model to support generic Javascript development, not just QML files. I’ve been using this for more than a year to develop mobile apps with Qt and node.js apps, all in QtCreator. The patch never got accepted and it is ok, i keep patching the latest master and run my copy of QtC.

To make life easier i compiled several help files for node, bootstrap, ios… and other documentation for projects i use but i noticed that the wait cursor many times never disappear, this is due to failed Web requests in the Html documentation. Today i think i fixed it.

Below is my full patch with all the changes i use including the help viewer cursor fix. Maybe someone will find it useful but i just do not have time to go over the CodeReview process, for occasional fixes and changes and me not being the core developer for QtC the process is too time consuming and complicated, but the QtCreator gets better and better every day and i want to help and make it better as well, so my solution is to send my patches, they all simple so if good enough it is easy to be picked up by someone who can apply or just fix the code directly.

Thanks