[Qt-creator] Autocomplete oddities

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue May 17 16:12:34 CEST 2016

I’m having a couple issues with autocomplete, that I’m starting to wonder if I’m the only one. They’re pretty obvious issues, but no one has reported them (or I’m not searching on the correct keywords). I’m having the issue with the following Qt Creator, but I think I was having it with the previous released version too?

Qt Creator 4.0.0
Based on Qt 5.6.0 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit)
Built on May 10 2016 01:09:29
From revision 605ea627cc

For both of my issues, I did the following:

1.       Created a new Qt Widget based application

2.       In the MainWindow constructor, I’m trying to type the following line. Don’t worry about whether it makes sense to connect these two, this is just about how autocomplete is behaving, I’m not actually even going to compile this example:

connect(this,&MainWindow::destroyed,

            this,&MainWindow::deleteLater);

Issue #1
When typing the example line, I type up to the first ‘&’ and get the following. I know at some point in the past, as soon as I’d type the ‘&’ autocomplete would suggest that I want to type “MainWindow” next, but that no longer happens.
[cid:image001.png at 01D1B024.9FAFE0F0]

Issue #2: