[Qt-creator] Autocomplete oddities

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed May 18 14:21:37 CEST 2016

> > Issue #1

> > When typing the example line, I type up to the first ‘&’ and get the

> following. I know at some point in the past, as soon as I’d type the ‘&’

> autocomplete would suggest that I want to type “MainWindow” next, but

> that no longer happens.

> I think there is a difference how this currently is handled in the completion

> for the built-in code model and the Clang code model.

> Please note that in 4.0 Qt Creator automatically uses the Clang code model if

> the plugin is turned on (it is off by default), can you please check if you have,

> and if going back to built-in restores the behavior that you are used to?

I think the ClangCodeModel plugin is off? I’ve never intentionally enabled it.

[cid:image001.png at 01D1B0DE.1911A4B0]

> > <image001.png>

> > Issue #2:

> > From the previous spot I type out “MainWindow::” by hand. After typing

> the second ‘:’ I get the popup of signal suggestions, but note how the item

> text in the list isn’t highlighted. You can see that the icon for the destroyed

> signal has a slight color difference (it’s a little more purple).

> > <image002.png>

> Seems to be similar to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-16218>

> 16218<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-16218>

It does seem similar to this, I think. But in my case this issue fixes itself temporarily after restarting Creator,

but then after some amount of usage within a session eventually starts happening again.