[Qt-creator] Qt Creator Sharing Project Configurations

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:27:07 CET 2016

Hello Tobias

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a global (readonly) place to store this information?
>
> Yes, there is. SDKtool puts the information there (from QtC binary:
> ../share/qtcreator/QtProject/qtcreator IIRC).

Looks promising, I might go down that road instead of tinkering with
the users profile. Might give me less maintenance work in the future,
assuming that sdktools CLI does not change much.

After a quick glance I've some more questions:
- Is it possible to configure cmake from sdktool? How? (custom cmake
binary location, use it in kit)
- Can I enable and configure plugins and editor settings for
QtCreator? Right now, as you might have guessed, I just edit
~/.config/QtProject/QtCreator.ini for users.

Thanks,
Christoph