[Qt-creator] About building plugins without whole source tree

Kakadu kakadu.hafanana at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:38:52 CET 2016

Hey, folks

At the moment we need to compile QtCreator itself to setup right paths
and compile a plugin.  I'm kind of curious is it possible to compile
QtCreator, do `make install` and do `make install-some-dev-files`
after that to be able not to store whole source and build files that
are required to compile a pluign (I think only some headers and shared
objects are really required).

This thing should generally be possible because GNU/Linux -dev
packages suit the same purpose. I just do not want to dive into
packaging scripts... Maybe you have this thing described in some wiki
page which I'm not aware about?

Happy hacking,
Kakadu