[Qt-creator] About building plugins without whole source tree

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 23 16:47:06 CET 2016

23.11.2016, 18:39, "Kakadu" <kakadu.hafanana at gmail.com>:
> Hey, folks
>
> At the moment we need to compile QtCreator itself to setup right paths
> and compile a plugin. I'm kind of curious is it possible to compile
> QtCreator, do `make install` and do `make install-some-dev-files`
> after that to be able not to store whole source and build files that
> are required to compile a pluign (I think only some headers and shared
> objects are really required).
>
> This thing should generally be possible because GNU/Linux -dev
> packages suit the same purpose. I just do not want to dive into
> packaging scripts... Maybe you have this thing described in some wiki
> page which I'm not aware about?

This has nothing to do with packaging scripts. In fact, dev/devel packages
in Linux distros serve to _split_ a part of normal installation product apart,
not to add something to it.

Qt Creator just does not install headers and other files necessary for building
plugins in its "make install" implementation.

> Happy hacking,
> Kakadu

Regards,
Konstantin