[Qt-creator] HowTo avoid questions 'add to git' for git projects managed outside QtCreator

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon Oct 10 11:09:21 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm managing my Github projects by a tool outside of Qt Creator (Git
Tower on OSX)

This way I'm using one tool for all my git projects independent from
used IDE (QtCreator, Eclipse Momentics, Android Studio, Xcode, VS)

In Qt Creator I have nothing configured for Version Control,

but I'm getting always questions to add files to git.

Probably because there's a .git inside project dir

Is there a way to let Qt Creator know that there's no version control
needed from QtC ?

thanks

ekke