[Qt-creator] Xcode 8 woes

Christian Stenger Christian.Stenger at qt.io
Mon Oct 24 15:52:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55649

Kind regards,
Christian
From: Qt-creator <qt-creator-bounces+christian.stenger=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 3:49:08 PM
To: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Cc: qt-creatorqt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] Xcode 8 woes

Do I need to file a bug or is this already fixed/reported?

Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 9:57 AM
From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <jonathan.s.shapiro at gmail.com>
To: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
Cc: "qt-creatorqt-project.org" <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
For Jason and anyone else who isn't caught up on this, the problem and it's fix are described here:

http://amin-ahmadi.com/2016/09/26/qt-creator-issue-on-mac-os-x-fix-xcodebuild-issue-with-xcode-8-0/

I believe this change to xcrun is several versions old. Perhaps it is time to update the default_pre.prf file in the tree for the next Qt release? So far as I know, doing a find on xcodebuild command should work on all versions of XCode (including older versions).

Jonathan