[Qt-creator] Where to install Ninja on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:08:23 CEST 2017

The issues with Macs is that anything extra set in your PATH env var is
NOT honored by GUI apps. There used to be a way to write some sort of
.plist file but with Sierra that seems to be gone. One of our guys
figured out that if you set the CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM variable BEFORE you
run CMake (so in the kit I guess) you can set there.

Since I am still running macOS 10.10 I can just make a symlink in
/usr/bin to a ninja installation somewhere else. With macOS 10.11 and
beyond the user would have to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection)
to write to anything in /usr/bin.

Thanks for the info.

--
Michael A. Jackson