[Qt-creator] Suggested improvement for QT creator

Eric Curtin ericcurtin17 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 12:56:56 CEST 2017

Hi Guys,

Just some feedback on something that is not very intuitive on QT Creator that
could be improved. I work on a project where we add new .cpp/.hpp files at least
weekly. I also often switch branches in git to older or newer versions of our
software, that may contain a different compostion of .cpp/.hpp files. Every time
this happens, I right click the project, click "Edit files..." and click "Ok"
and the new .cpp/.hpp files are added. I was using QT Creator quite a while
before I learned this trick, it is not very intuitive, which is unlike QT
Creator as it is really easy and simple to use in most use cases.

Could this be made simpler? For an example if there was a shortcut for this like
F4 or something to add new files that would be brilliant.

P.S. I only give feedback on QT Creator because it's my favourite IDE and I want
to keep using it. Please keep doing what you are doing!