[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.3b1 background thread running?

Tilman Skobowsky skobowsky at caos-gmbh.de
Thu Apr 13 11:48:53 CEST 2017

Hi,

Starting QtCreator with the -noload parameters made no difference.
Starting with QT_OPENGL set to 'software' did make a difference:
Instead of the one thread using half a CPU core I do have 4 opengl32sw threads which alltogether
permanently do something.
At least the Cycles Delta value for each of the 4 thread ranges from 5M to 10M, consuming about 0.2%
CPU permanently.

Regards
Tilman

@Thomas Hartman,Henry Skoglund
Sorry for replying directly... I didn't notice that the reply address was not the mailing list.

Am 13.04.2017 um 11:40 schrieb Tilman Skobowsky:
> Hi,
>
> I was too fast answering the first hint. Now I tried again setting QT_OPENGL and, voilà, the
> problem is almost gone.
> Instead of the one thread using half a CPU core I do have 4 opengl32sw threads which alltogether
> permanently do something.
> At least the Cycles Delta value for each of the 4 thread ranges from 5M to 10M.
>
> Tilman
>

> Am 13.04.2017 um 11:34 schrieb Thomas Hartmann:
>> Hi,
>>
>> -noload Welcome is not required anymore, since the Welcome Page was reimplemented using widgets.
>> An alternative to avoid OpenGL issues on Windows is "set QT_OPENGL=software".
>> I cannot reproduce the issue on my Windows 10 setup.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Thomas Hartmann

>>> 1    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x1cc
>>> 2    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x3d0
>>> 3    dwmapi.dll!Ordinal132+0x97a
>>> 4    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x2cc
>>> 5    dwmapi.dll!DwmFlush+0x92
>>> 6    ig75icd64.dll!DrvValidateVersion+0x139a
>>> 7    kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk+0xd
>>> 8    ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21
>>>
>>> Checking on the web I found an entry on the Team Speak forum where
>>> they observed the same issue but with a different Qt-based software.
>>> As described there, I can kill the thread without noticing a real
>>> problem when using Qt-Creator.
>>>
>>> I double checked this with both 32bit and 64bit. The problem occurrs
>>> in both versions.
>>> My machine runs Win7
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA